Welcome to the world, Jacqueline Brielle!
Born: Saturday, July 15, 2017 at 3:29 pm
Exactly 38 weeks gestation (EDD was July 29th!)
Weight: 7 lbs 1.2 oz
Length: 20 inches
~ ~ ~
We LITERALLY are so in love with our baby girl. We can’t stop staring at her and the days feel like they’re flying by.
With the boys, I think the combination of being first-time parents, the fact that there were TWO of them, and their preemie status all contributed to our extra worries, overwhelm, and exhaustion, leaving us little energy to enjoy that beginning stage as much as we are enjoying it now.
Here we are with baby girl and I am trying my hardest to soak in every moment with her. We know all too well that these days are fleeting and she will never be as young as she is today! We look at how grown the boys are and can’t believe how fast time flew. So no matter how exhausted we are (oh boy are we drained) or how challenging it is to juggle three kids, we always take the time to just breathe in the moment and embrace everything about it.
Smooth and healthy pregnancy + delivery
I can’t believe I’m saying this. But everything from pregnancy & delivery, and now at postpartum went/is going SO WELL. I wish I had time to write about each.
What I will say is that we are incredibly grateful for this smooth and healthy experience, and now baby girl is just growing so beautifully. I mean hubby and I are literally looking at each other in shock at how fast time is whizzing by and that we are actually LOVING this newborn stage!
How are the boys adjusting?
They definitely love their new baby sister. Initially, they here HYSTERICAL when she cried, even imitating her with each cry she let out! They are so sweet to look for her each morning and right when they get home from preschool.
Jer loves to hold her. He asks, “Can I hab (have) it?” Then he hold her like a sweet big brother, but is quick to remove his hands from under her and say, “I’m done!”
Adrian loves to stare and observe her, but he has yet to hold her! He giggles when she makes noises, but just likes watching her from afar.
Baby’s First Two Weeks
I can’t even comprehend how amazing she is. Here’s just a brain dump of all the things we love about her:
- She makes the most adorable faces!!! (They could also be gas, but oh well!)
- She also makes the cutest noises! Purrs, barks, and tiny sighs.
- She is such a sweet baby – only crying to be fed or changed. (I do believe this is a function of the first two weeks. Things could easily take a 360 on us next week!)
- She is so cuddly! Although she is super tiny and fragile. Resting her on my chest while reclined on our sofa is my favorite.
- She has SO MUCH HAIR! Oh my goodness it’s so dark and there’s the tiniest wave in it. I’m hoping it’s thick, luscious, and wavy!!!
- She pooped SO MUCH in that first week. I think we went through an entire pack of diapers. =P
That’s all for now, folks! I’m hoping to pop back in right away because the boys turn FOUR next week! Holy cow!